It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:52 pm

All times are UTC - 1 hour [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to Loving Hands Forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.

By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, Click here to join our community today!

If you are already registered you will now need to log in to be able to see the whole forum!

Post subject: THANK YOU JILLY
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:30 am 

Jill, I received your big box of donations yesterday. I've had a sudden rush of parcels since last Official Collection for Shipping is on Saturday. Yours was one of those received. I've been working through all, and processing them for shipment. Busy busy!

Lovely items and all very well thought out meeting many needs. Omar is in the village as of last night and this morning he has a lot to do. We have had talks with the School in Batti and a Free School Meals programme is now up and running and we will supply Rice, Cooking Oil and other foodstuffs in bulk on a monthly basis. This means the children will concentrate better in school having eated a well balanced meal, cooked by volunteers of the P.T.A. They won't be distracted by hungry bellies or fainting in class. Their health will benefit as Omar picked up on some children with vitamin deficiencies and some with first signs of malnutrition on his last trip. He is liaising with a Nurse/Midwife regarding regular monitoring of some children and frail elderly.

Your yarn will help me set up a group in the village, to teach the teenagers and ladies to crochet and knit and make things for their families, with a long-term aim to help them become a kind of "Cottage Industry." It is working in Wullingkamma and Brufut knitting groups. The knitting needles and crochet hook are a big help too.

Lovely knitted vests, appreciate the clothes too. So much in the box... but I have been unable to post photos as I've only limited internet access via phone at the moment. Rest assured they will be given out and will contribute to a bigger, better Christmas in Batti.

A big Thank You from Omar and Team Batti. x

Post subject: Re: THANK YOU JILLY
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:59 am 

Sorry box arrived without warning but glad it got to you before next shipping date.
Enjoyed slowly filling the box with a selection of items that were needed as only had couple of knitted vests done.
I will message you with my email so that I can keep up with non-knitting initiatives and needs.
Best wishes ,
Jill